Paradise Park Estate was established in 1674 by way of a royal “patent” – a grant of land - from King Charles II of England. Between 1674 and 1752, the estate was enlarged through further royal patents from the English Crown, to reach its present size. In the 18th century, the estate was a prosperous sugar plantation, as well as a cattle farm. The property is operated as a dairy cattle farm today.

The property was acquired by the current owners, the Clarke family, in 1952. Between 1952 and the 1970s, the Clarkes operated a local country club and resort on the property, with its own 9 hole golf course.

print page